Did you know that Photoshop Elements Organizer has a facial recognition feature? Well, let’s take a look.
Missing People from Photos:
When you import a photo into Organizer, Photoshop Elements does use the facial recognition feature to help you tag people. When a person isn’t recognized you can use the Missing Person feature:
- Open a photo into the Organizer
- Use the Add People Button
- Click the Missing People button
- Move and size the rectangle around the face that is not tagged.
- Type the name of the person in the text box
- Click the green check mark to create the tag.
Another great feature of Elements is Tagging Places. This is great for segregating photos of vacations, special events etc. for use in your digital scrapbooking pages.
- Import the photos that you want to tag. In this case I added a few photos from our visit to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.
- Click the Add Places Button at the bottom of your screen.
- A map will appear. In the Search box, type in the name of the location you want to tag.
- At first, I just typed in Asheville, NC. That would have been fine for this trip.. Click Done when you have your location selected.
- Just for fun, I then typed in Biltmore House, Asheville, NC. I was able to pin the photos to the exact location.
- Once the photos have been pinned to the map, you can also add Keyword Tags to them.
- When you click the Places Button, you will see thumbnails of your photos, and also the map location of the photos.
Backing Up your Catalog
v Select File>Backup Catalog
v The Photoshop Elements Backup Wizard walks you through the backup process, by a series of questions.
v Select Full or Incremental Backup
v Select the target location for the backup. I suggest backup to an external drive that is used only for backups, if you have one available. That way the external drive can be stored safely. When you create your next backup, you can easily delete the old backup.
v Select Done, and the backup process begins.
We have now finished exploring Photoshop Elements Organizer. I hope that these tutorials have helped you to learn the power of the Organizer.
Let’s Get Scrapping!