Again let’s explore methods of enhancing our photos. They will look so much better on your scrapbook pages.
Adjusting Lighting – I am going to use a picture of my husband and I celebrating our wedding anniversary. I like the picture, but the background is very dark. Let’s get started.
- Open the photo you want to use.
Adjusting with Hue/Saturation:Open the photo you want to use.
Select Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/Saturation
- Adjusting the Hue shifts the colors around the color wheel.
- Adjusting the Saturation increases (drag right) or decreases (drag left) the richness of the colors.
- Lightness increases the brightness (drag right) or decreases it (drag left).
- This photo is a little dark. Let’s see what we can do. Be sure that Master and Preview are selected.
Click OK when you are satisfied.
- I adjusted all three levels and now the photo looks much better and clearer than before.
Adjusting Skin Tone:
Sometimes because of lighting, makeup or background setting, a person’s skin tone in an image needs adjusting.
- I have selected a photo of my daughter and I. She is very fair skinned, but looks even more so next to me. Let’s darken her skin tone a little.
- Click a portion of the image that needs to be corrected. I have selected the lightest part of her face. The command adjusts the skin tone.
I also adjusted the slider bars until I got the effect that I wanted.
- If you are happy with the results, Click OK, if not click reset and start again.
I have always wanted whiter teeth. Well, at least I can have them in a photo.
- Select the photo you want to work on. I have selected a photo taken with a dear friend of ours.
- In Quick Mode, select the Toothbrush tool.
- Click the teeth. You will notice that you make a selection and whiten at the same time. Click the teeth. If you make a mistake, click Subtract from Selection.
- When you are happy with the results, choose Select>Deselect.
- Well, now I have whiter teeth.
Ok, now let’s learn how to get rid of Red Eyes in your photos.
- Select the photo you want to work on. I have selected a photo of my husband, daughter and I at the beach. I changed the Zoom to 50%, so that I can see the eyes better.
- The pupil will darken. Continue, until you are finished. (I fixed my daughter’s eyes and mine).
Let’s Get Scrapping!